The aim of becoming a ‘parkrun practice’ is to help improve the health and wellbeing of both patients and staff. Parkrun say that taking part can benefit health and wellbeing through increased physical activity, skill development, friendships and socialisation, mutual support and personal empowerment.
The events are all run by volunteers and studies have shown that volunteering itself can decrease rates of depression, reduce social isolation and improve self-esteem.
What is parkrun?
- Free, weekly 5k events, every Saturday morning, in areas of open space
- 2k junior parkruns for four to 14-year-olds and their families on Sunday mornings
- Over 1,000 locations across the UK
- Organised by local volunteer teams
- Walk, run, jog, volunteer or spectate – take part in any way that suits you
- Open to all, including those who are inactive or have health conditions or disabilities
- Opportunity to socialise, make friends and be part of a welcoming, supportive community
For more information on times and location visit: www.parkrun.org.uk/cheltenham